Wednesday, August 04, 2010

Not afraid to lose my breath while climbing chocolate



I can almost see it
That dream I am dreaming
But there's a voice inside my head saying
"You'll never reach it"
Every step I'm taking
Every move I make feels
Lost with no direction
My faith is shaking
But I gotta keep trying
Gotta keep my head held high
There's always gonna be another mountain
I'm always gonna wanna make it move
Always gonna be a uphill battle
Sometimes I'm gonna have to lose
Ain't about how fast I get there
Ain't about what's waiting on the other side

It's the climb
Thats the 1st verse from one of my favorite songs of this year. Too bad its sung by an annoying messed up teenager. It might have been more mainstream and heard if done by a different artist. Anways, prejudice aside the lyrics are a great analogy on life. I could put the whole thing on hear but, whatever too lazy, take too much space. I embeded the song at the begining. Give it a listen, you get the jist.
It rings home especially for this summer. Alot of ups and downs. Actually made some goals and accomplished them. Made some goals and not sure if I'll finish them or not. Tried something epic and fell short. Thought alot about plans for the future and now those plans will have to change or be re-arranged. "Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what your going get." Life hands you suprises and you do your best.
Along the same lines of "The Climb" is a new song by George Strait-The Breath You Take...
"Life’s not the breaths you take
The breathing in and out
That gets you through the day
Ain’t what it’s all about
Ya just might miss the point
Try’n to win the race
Life’s not the breaths you take
But the moments that take your breath away
Thats so true, and can be used many different ways. For example its not the "day to day " things you have to overcom, its the big punch in the stomach stuff.
Its not about sweating all day in the sun so you can provide a roof for your child. Its about watching your son make sounds effects with his toys as he plays.
Like the 45 minute hike straight up to Delicate Arch in Moab. But sitting there at the top gazing at God's handy work.
Its not about tearing your body down, making it scream and whine while you run. Its that glimps of hope that says, "I can do this". And seeing it come true. Its about being taught a lesson. Being knocked off your high horse.
With this new suprise I got very scared. Still am. But we are gonna take it. It wasn't in our plans, but it is now. And we'll be happy. Been married 15 years as of today. Average a child every 3 years. Crazy! Looking forward to the next 15!!!
"I'm not afraid to take a stand
Everybody come take my hand
We'll walk this road together, through the storm
Whatever weather, cold or warm
Just let you know that, you're not alone
Holla if you feel that you've been down the same road
"
Referenced 2 country artists had to reference a rapper!
Lifes not about the destination or where your headed. Its the journey and and how you get there!
There's always gonna be another mountain
I'm always gonna wanna make it move
Always gonna be a uphill battle
Sometimes I'm gonna have to lose
Ain't about how fast I get there
Ain't about what's waiting on the other side
It's the climb

No comments: