Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Labor Day Weekend '08

Getting with the times!

Most members in Liz's family have blogs. No one in the Harmons do. Probably something to do with not being that interesting, or like me have lazy tendencies, or just don't give a hoot to do one.

Well a cousin asked the other day if we had one, no, not really. Some junk over on myspace for friends. Mostly about movies, comics and humerous antidotes.

This one is for the family. I'm sure everyone wants to know whats going on with the Soggy Bottom Boys. Thus starting the Liz & Bruce Family Blog. Maybe Liz will post here or start her own. We don't have broadband at home so its hard to do anything on the internet. And were not computer litterate. I can't even spell litterate. But you know what I mean (what does that say about your education?).

Anywho, 1st post-Labor Day '08.

We go to my parents home (cabin) in Wyoming every year. We cut wood, eat smores, watch football, pass gas, you know that whole bit. Good times!

We get some play in also, 4 wheeler riding, hiking, stuff like that. A couple miles away is the reservoir (meeks cabin damn). At the bottom on the river side is a "spillway". The retaining wall is usually about 13-15 feet high. We of course jump off it into the year round snow runoff water.

This year PK has vastly improved on his swimming skills so I said, "Your jumpin'!

The height is nothing. Its the freezing water! He's not a great swimmer so the short swim to the side would be his challenge. But he did great. Jumped a couple times, so he had fun and didn't hate me. Next year we go to the Gorge and jump off at least a 30 footer! I did it at his age. Sure theres things wrong with me, but not from jumping (thats what my doctor says).



Heres the Almighty Lumber Jack waiting for my setter.

almighty lumberjack

PK trying not tip the wheel barrel (he did).

pk wheel barrel

Benjamin stacking wood up high (or setting a trap).

ben on wood pile

Owen with cousin Kylie on a 4-wheeler (why doesn't he have a helmet? His head is one)

oliver & kylie

Saturday was great weather. Sunday night storm came in. Then is snowed all morning on Monday.
Great weekend!
Hopefully we post something here once a week. Likely once a month, who knows. Depends on whats or how much is going on.
Halloween is comming up, thats like Christmas at our house (demented children).
Catheralls-add this to your link list or something (tell me how to do the same). And how do you make pictures smaller then the same size? Harmons-get your own.


4 comments:

pinky said...

Woohoo! Your off and running. Loved the pictures. Things you forget to tell me about I'll get to see on here! It looked like PK was saying a little prayer of thanks at the very end of his swim! Thank you...I survived to see another day!

DeVon said...

Sweet! I'm glad you guys are going to start keeping a blog. It's a fun way to keep in touch with the family. Funny post! I remember walking down the spillway, hoping I wouldn't fall down and roll to the bottom. PK did great on his first jump, but you need to tell him to keep his arms in if you are going to take him to the Gorge.

It was great seeing you guys last week. Katie and Abby are asking when they can see your boys again. We all had a great time. Let's not have such a long break before we do it again.

Bill said...

I like to use Google Reader (reader.google.com) to keep up with everyone's blogs. If you've got a blog on blogspot or if you have gmail then you already have a google account. Just login to Google Reader and subscribe to blogs by clicking on Add Subscription and enter the blog's address (the URL). New blog posts will show up in bold.

Kylee Jo said...

hey thats me and your cute little boy :) !!! fun stuff!